Monday, January 30, 2017

Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson: A Review


undefined - Click here to close



Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson is a murder mystery novel follows British-born Kate, who suffers from intense anxiety and memories of a traumatic event, as she travels to Boston to switch apartments with a cousin whom she has never met.  The day after Kate arrived, she finds out that her next-door neighbor, Audrey, has been murdered in her apartment.  Kate soon discovers that her cousin, whom she knows little about, has been having a secret relationship with Audrey but denies it to everyone.  Kate wonders if her cousin has anything to do with the killing and vows to find out.

This was a mildly interesting book that kind of read a bit slow and was very predictable.  Halfway through the book, I knew who the killer was and had a vague idea about how and why the murder occurred.  The characters were very full and complex but that really is what saved the book for me.  Kate was a very likeable character and Corbin was not a one-dimensional character, in the least, but the characters alone did not make up for the fact that this book had a lot of boring parts and absolutely no surprises.  I would recommend it for people who like complex characters and are okay with gory scenes but don’t necessarily need surprise endings or story lines that are shocking.

This book was released on January 10, 2017 and can be purchased at booksellers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  Read other reader's accounts of this book on Goodreads.

I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program.  By clicking on the Amazon link and purchasing this product, I receive a small fee.  I am not associated with Goodreads or Barnes and Noble in any way and the links provided are available strictly for your convenience and not to imply a relationship of any kind.  I do not track activity of visitors beyond that which blogger already does.  If you click on an outside link, those websites may track your activity but I do not actively share any information with third-party websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to s...