Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to see if my first impressions were made hastily but I really can't say that I enjoyed this book any more now than I did before.  I think most of it had to do with the fact that my expectations for what the book was about were so much different than what the book was actually about.  My expectations were that this book was a thriller but I felt like it was more strange than thrilling.  The murder mystery really took a back seat to the story about Judith and "who she used to be".  We quickly learn who Judith used to be but the murder mystery is very quickly wrapped up at the very end.  That felt kind of like an old cartoon version of a murder mystery and not what I would expect a thriller to be.  I just didn't really like this book that much.  I would say that there are some people who may enjoy this book and, for that, I gave it two stars instead of one.

My rating:
★★☆☆☆


Watch the book trailer here:

Reviews for other books like this one:
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
Elle by Phillipe Djian

This book is currently available and can be purchased from major booksellers.  Read more reviews on this book on Goodreads.  Visit the publisher, Penguin Random House, for booksellers and information about the book.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  This is my honest opinion of this book.  I am not associated with Goodreads in any way and the links provided are available strictly for your convenience and not to imply a relationship of any kind. 

I do not track activity of visitors beyond that which blogger already does.  If you click on an outside link, those websites may track your activity but I do not actively share any information with third-party websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to s...