Thursday, July 27, 2017

Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica: A Review


I first heard of Mary Kubica's books when I had finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and was looking for similar fiction.  Kubica's books came recommended and I picked up The Good Girl and fell in love with Kubica's thrillers.  I was so excited when I heard that she would be writing another book and got my hands on it as soon as I could.  I was not disappointed!

Clara is mother to Maisie and Felix, a four-day old infant, and wife to Nick, a dentist at an upscale dental office that is bleeding money.  Nick takes Maisie to dance class one day to give Clara time to rest and take care of Felix but he ends up in an accident that leaves him fatally injured while Maisie is virtually unharmed and seems to be unaware of what happened.  Clara is understandably heartbroken and believes that there may have been foul play when Maisie starts to have nightmares and flashbacks involving a man in a black car.  Not getting the attention she would like from the police, Clara decides to investigate Nick's death on her own. 

This thriller has everything!  There are twists and turn and the ending is not one that many readers would be able to predict.  I certainly didn't!  Clara, at one time or another, seems to accuse everyone she knows and some that she doesn't.  Nick was such an interesting character.  I felt myself not able to decide who he really was and neither did Clara.  Clara comes off as a bit unhinged but it is understandable given the circumstances.  There was definitely slow-building suspense but there was also enough to keep one's attention throughout.  The writing made it very easy to read quickly.  I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys psychological thrillers or mysteries and anyone that is looking for a great summer book to read.  I have already had great conversations about Every Last Lie and can't wait for Kubica's new book!

Watch a trailer of the book here:



My rating:
★★★★★

More books like this one:
Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica
The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

This book is currently available and can be purchased from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  Read more reviews on this book on Goodreads.

This is my honest opinion of this book.  I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program.  By clicking on the Amazon link and purchasing this product, I receive a small fee.  I am not associated with Goodreads or Barnes and Noble in any way and the links provided are available strictly for your convenience and not to imply a relationship of any kind. 


I do not track activity of visitors beyond that which blogger already does.  If you click on an outside link, those websites may track your activity but I do not actively share any information with third-party websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to s...