Friday, February 23, 2018

Blood Sisters by Jane Corry: A Review

Kitty suffered an accident as a child that left her unable to communicate.  While she is able to think clearly, all of her thoughts come out as babbles.  Alison is an art teacher in a community college and takes a job as an artist in residence in a minimum security prison to atone for her perceived role in Kitty's injuries.

Last year, I read Jane Corry's book, My Husband's Wife and really enjoyed it.  I was excited to learn that Corry had released another novel.  I was not disappointed with this one.  Blood Sisters was enough of a thriller to keep one's attention while also including enough about the relationship between sisters.  Sisters' relationships can be complicated and Corry included this in her book.  There were also plenty of twists and turns.  Kitty was a very interesting character.  She is very opinionated and not very nice but she still very much loves her sister.  This was a quick read, for me, and I felt myself feeling as if I could not put the book down before I figured out the ending.  The ending was unpredictable, as well.  I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers.  I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Corry.

My rating:
★★★★☆

Reviews of books like this one:
My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica


This book is currently available and can be purchased from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  Read more reviews on this book on Goodreads.  

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher in order to review it but that did not have an effect on my review of the book.  This is my honest opinion of this book.  I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program.  By clicking on the Amazon link and purchasing this product, I receive a small fee.  I am not associated with Goodreads or Barnes and Noble in any way and the links provided are available strictly for your convenience and not to imply a relationship of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to s...