Sunday, February 5, 2017

The PHO Cookbook by Andrea Nguyen: A Review

        http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/m/9781607749585
The PHO Cookbook: Easy Adventurous Recipes for Vietnam's Favorite Soup and Noodles by Andrea Nguyen is not just a cookbook for soup.  As Nguyen mentions in her book, pho actually refers to both the soup and the noodles in the soup.  For this reason, there are recipes for noodle salads and other noodle delicacies, such as "Deep-Fried Pho Noodles".  Those who are looking for soup recipes will not be disappointed, though.  Nguyen has recipes for both novice and experienced cooks and provides lists of ingredients that are easy to find or provides substitutions and guides on where to find the ingredients.  There are very traditional recipes for Beef or Chicken pho and more creative recipes, such as lamb and rotisserie chicken pho.  Both meat-eaters and vegetarians alike will rejoice that they will be included, as this book contains ideas on how to use ingredients like Gardein to create meat-like soups.  I appreciated the variety of recipes that this book contained and bookmarked several that I plan on trying in the very near future.  There are even recipes for Vietnamese-style coffee and some pho-inspired cocktails.  I also appreciated that the soup's history is outlined in the book and the guide on how to properly pronounce "pho" (so many people mispronounce this word).  The pictures in the book were beautiful and made my mouth water.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested in Vietnamese cooking, international cuisine, healthy cooking and soup cookbooks.

This book will be available on February 7, 2017 and can be purchased from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  Read more reviews on this book on Goodreads.

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher in order to review it but that did not have an effect on my review of the book.  This is my honest opinion of this book.  I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program.  By clicking on the Amazon link and purchasing this product, I receive a small fee.  I am not associated with Goodreads or Barnes and Noble in any way and the links provided are available strictly for your convenience and not to imply a relationship of any kind. 

I do not track activity of visitors beyond that which blogger already does.  If you click on an outside link, those websites may track your activity but I do not actively share any information with third-party websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan: A Review

I honestly can't say that I enjoyed this book all that much.  I even took a step back for more than a month after I read the book to s...